Thursday, August 20, 2009

I am down 11 pounds at this point.

I have been busy the last few days. It is hard to keep up with this blog. If I type that I ate two granola bars and coffee with half and half for breakfast again I am going to die. I am sure my loyal readership is bored with those updates.

Since I last posted I have kept my daily caloric intake under 1500 cal/day. I am jotting down my daily calorie intake through the day. Keeping the calories under 1500 per day has been easy with the exception of last Sunday.

I missed exercise all together on Wednesday.

I am trying to swim 1500 yards per day. If I can make it to the pool that is no problem. The trouble is getting to the pool.

If I find that I didn't make it to the pool earlier in the day, then I substitute a walk of 3 1/2 miles. That is what I did today.

For the balance of this experiment I am going to just answer the following questions each day.

Did I eat less than 1500 calories today?

Did I swim at least 1500 yards today?

Did I walk 3 1/2 miles or more?

If I can answer yes to the first question as well as yes to either of the others then I think I am succeeding. Substituting walking for swimming is not going to result in meeting the swim goal, but I am getting daily exercise if I do the substitute. In fact I am swimming the 15oo yards(about 1 mile) in less than 30 minutes. When I walk it takes almost an hour to walk 3.5 miles. The real goal is weight loss and the development of new eating and exercising habits.

I am down 11 pounds at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment